Favorites 2013

It is time to look back at 2013 and write a post about the best products and trends I've discovered this year.

(images from Polyvore)

Red Lipstick
Although I have worn red lipstick before, this year I've finally dared myself to wear it on less formal ocassions. My favorite thing to do is pairing a bold red lipstick with the simplest outfit; jeans and a shirt or leggings and a sweater. Dragon Girl by Nars and Chili by MAC have been new additions to my lipstick collection this year. 
I could say that I actually re-discover this product in 2013. I bought my first bottle when it first came out but I wasn't impressed with it. The fact that I was matched to a wrong shade didn't help much either. This year I decided to give it a second chance as the shade Stromboli seemed to be my perfect match. Nars sheer glow is the perfect foundation for people with normal to dry skin that want to achieve a light-medium coverage. It is easy to blend, very long-lasting and makes your skin look natural and fresh.

I have always been skeptical about the concept of "dry shampoo" but this year I discovered the Batiste dry shampoo for brunettes and I am a convert. I have bangs and it is hard to keep them clean between washes. Dry shampoo has saved me many times when, at the end of a long day, I wanted to look presentable but didn't have time to wash my hair.

Unfortunately, my nails are brittle and prone to breakage. I also like to wear nail polish on regular basis so I need to use a base coat to protect my nails. This base coat by OPI has improved enormously the way that my nails look and feel. I have tried many different base coats (by Essie or Mavala) but this one is by far the best.

Tartan (or checked) shirts
This trend was everywhere during the Fall and I thought I wouldn't buy into it. I've never been a fan of checked shirts as I thought they'd made me look very masculine. This year I have learned that when combined with the right type of make-up, checked shirts (or tartan) can look cute on everyone.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment