January Favorites 2014

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to write regularly for this blog. I plan on writing at least one post about the things I have discovered and enjoyed each month.


January has marked the beginning of the New Year and my new life in Munich. I arrived here the 16th and haven't had much time to think about my January favorites but I would go with the things that I have used the most.

I got a new bag as a Christmas present and I have been using it non-stop ever since. The bag is from Hakei, a Spanish, family brand. It is made of a very soft leather but it is durable and sturdy. I wasn't sure about the color at first but now I'm glad I didn't settle for a black or a brown bag. I usually dress in black or neutrals so this burgundy bag is perfect for me as it helps breaking up the outfit.


In the beauty departament this month has been all about soft smokey eyes or red lipstick. I recently got a new red from MAC through their back2mac program. It is a burnt-orange, brick red that suits my skintone perfectly. The days I haven't worn red lipstick, I have worn a natural smokey eye with either a warm brown eyeshadow (pictured Folie by MAC) or a grey eyeshadow (pictured Smut by MAC).


Lastly I have to talk about one disappointing product and that is a Serge Lutens perfume. I also received this perfume as a Christmas gift. I've always wanted to try Serge Lutens fragrances and after some research online and some sniffing in store I chose Chergui.

Chergui is beautifully complex, oriental, spicy fragrance. I absolutely love the smell. The problem is that the scent doesn't seem to last more than an hour on my skin. As you can see in the picture I have already used too much for just a month and that's not good for a fragrance that is close to the 100€ mark. I spray quite a lot and almost no one smells it. If I spray it on my clothes it lasts longer but it also leaves a stain behind so I'm not willing to do that. I don't know if this is normal or if I got a bad batch, whatever it may be, I don't think I'll buy more perfumes from this line.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment