October Favorites 2013

octfavspic3


I bought this bronzer at the end of the summer with the intention of wearing it all through the fall and winter. The idea is not really to look tanned but to have something that would warm up the face after applying foundation.

This bronzing powder is just what I was looking for. It has a beautiful golden color that doesn't turn orange or muddy on the skin. It may be a little light for me in summer but it is the perfect shade for now. It is also matte which I find indispensable for a bronzer. 

I use it all the time, especially now that I’m wearing more bright and dark lipsticks since I don’t always have a blush that matches with them.

This month, I've also been shopping my stash and have re-discovered this great product. I am a big fan of black eyeliner when worn by itself, without eye shadow. However if I do a light smokey eye or use mid-tone colors, I feel that black eyeliner looks too harsh. That’s when this product comes in handy; I apply it on my upper lash line to intensify the look and correct my “sad puppy” eyes, as I like to call them!

I bought this one on a whim and I’m in love. It is refreshing to find an affordable, drugstore lipstick that I love so much. I like that is versatile. It can be applied as a stain or built up to its full potential for a vampy type of lip. It is not a matte (and therefore not too drying); I would categorize it as a satin finish or semi-matte. It looks great for a good 4 hours before I need to re-touch.

octfavspic4

Stuff You Missed in History Class Podcast.
I have been listening to this podcast for years and always liked it. There are subjects that are more interesting than others but lately I’ve been enjoying pretty much every episode that the hosts (Tracy and Holly) put out. If you have a long commute or go for walks, I highly recommend you taking this Podcast along. It makes your time go by much faster!

I know I’m late to the party but I recently bought Quinoa for the first time. This month I have been eating it with everything; fresh tomatoes, olives, baked veggies or as a side dish for meatballs! It is so easy and quick to make that it has become my carbohydrate source of choice!

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment